Trip Planning – Florida
I’m starting to map out my official route. For starters I’m just trying to collect all of the 100% vegan restaurants, state-by-state. I need your help! I’m primarily using Happy Cow to find ’em… here’s what I’ve got for Florida.. let me know if I’m missing any:
- Loving Hut – 1918 Del Prado Blvd S, Ste 3, Cape Coral, Florida (33990)
- La Vie En Raw Cafe – 3808 SW 8th St, Coral Gables, Florida (33134)
- Sublime Restaurant & Bar – 1431 North Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Sugar Apple Juice Bar – 917 Simonton St, Key West, Florida (33040)
- El Mana Health Food – 10676 Fontainebleau Blvd, Miami, Florida (33172)
- Garden of Eatin’ – 136 NW 62nd St, Miami, Florida (33150)
- Lifefood Gourmet – 1248 SW 22 St, Miami, Florida (33145)
- Athens Juice Bar – 6942 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, Florida (33141)
- Thrive Garden Cafe – 1239 Alton Rd, Miami Beach, Florida (33139) (at 13th St)
- Vegetarian Delight – 6060 Miramar Pkwy, Miramar, Florida (33023)
- Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin – 73 NE 167 St, North Miami Beach, Florida
- Ethos Vegan Kitchen – 1235 N Orange Ave Ste 101, Orlando, Florida (32804)
- Raphsodic – 710 N Mills Ave, Orlando, Florida (32803)
- Sah Nevaeh – 114 N Orange Ave, Orlando, Florida (32801) (at Washington)
- Artichoke Red – 1813 N Orange Ave, Orlando, Florida (32804)
- Christopher’s Kitchen – 4783 PGA Blvd, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida (33418)
- Rawk Star – 32522 US Hwy 19 N, Palm Harbor, Florida (34684)
- End of the line – 610 E Wright St, Pensacola, Florida (32501)
- Green Wave – 5221A W Broward Blvd, Plantation, Florida (33317)
- Raw & Juice – 2255 E County Hwy 30A, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida (32459)
- The Present Moment – 224 W King St, St Augustine, Florida (32084)
- Lettuce Eat Healthy – 103 2nd Ave N, St Petersburg, Florida (33701)
- Vida De Cafe – 120 – 8 Ave, St Pete Beach, Florida (33706)
- Sweet Pea Cafe – 832 Tharpe St, Tallahassee, Florida (32303)
- Lofty Pursuits – 1415 Timberlane Rd, 410, Tallahassee, Florida (32312)
- Vegan Beagle – 1542 N Franklin St, Tampa, Florida
- Darbster – 8020 S Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach, Florida (33405)
- Hippocrates – 1443 Palmdale Court, West Palm Beach, Florida (33411)
- The Raw Kitchen – 509 Clematis St, West Palm Beach, Florida (33401)
- Cafe 118 – 153 E Morse Blvd, Winter Park, Florida (32789)
If there are veg groups that would like to meet up.. or if you have recommendations for fun activities/sight seeing while I’m in Florida, please do make some recommendations. This trip is not only about the food but also about the adventure, meeting new people, and seeing the entire country in a unique way.
Thanks for all your help! :)
Ethos Vegan Kitchen in Orlando is awesome! :)
Sah Nevaeh – This is a vegan hot dog cart that’s only open late night (and maybe only on weekends). The Buddha dog is phenomenal. It is located across the street from Bar BQ, but you won’t really notice anything different about it from any other hot dog cart so it’s a bit unassuming. I didn’t actually find the cart until over a year after I had lived in Orlando. :)
There’s also a Loving Hut in Orlando (http://www.lovinghut.us/florida/). The cool thing about Loving Huts is even though they’re a chain they’re all different. I’ve been to Loving Huts in Australia, Thailand, England, and the US and the food is always unique.
That said, if you’re only going to go to one restaurant in Orlando I’d make it Ethos.
Highly recommend “Food for Thought” in Marathon, in the Keys. Lunch place with beautiful vegan and raw food!
Don’t know Florida but do suggest also use vegdining.com. I write for them . . .they have world listings as well. Have fun!
Sluggo’s in Pensacola.
@Kristin: Our treat at Hippocrates Health Institute when you arrive AND Green Wave Cafe! Just advise us of your arrival on this side of planet Kristin! We are sooooooo happy for you!!
Here is a new opening tomorrow in Miami! http://www.mychoicescafe.com/
And here is a really good meetup group that will love having Kristin!
PS: Yes! Arnie Welber is on Facebook :-)
Hey Rocky! We have not heard that ‘slang’ since before you were a gleam in your parents eyes! :-) You are VERY WELLcome Kristin. Thank you for accepting our offering. Our comm lines are always open. OM :-)
Not 100% vegan, but its good and I really think you just have to not get the dairy cheese, they have a vegan queso that is good instead.
The Beehive Juice Bar in Miami is way more than juice. I’ve eaten at this little place for many years, long before most of the Miami restaurants on your list existed. It’s small and Carlos makes great food, juices, and conversation… Here’s their FB page:
Also, my friend Liz organizes a wonderful meetup group in the Ft. Lauderdale area:
Hi Rick! Arnie Welber here! It is our understanding Kristin has interest in only arriving at 100 % vegan food establishments. That is reason I did not offer Kristin Woodlands Pure Indian Vegetarian Restaurant in Lauderhill, Florida (as they have dairy in their kitchen although many vegan items).
Am very aware of Bee Hive and love Carlos’s food! HOWEVER, last time I checked it out there is TUNA FISH on menu and in kitchen.
Guess what is wanted and needed is for Kristin to clarify if herself is only arriving on 100% vegan premises (honey or no honey) and/or is arriving at any premise that has vegan options (there is alot of discussion in community about 100% vegan restaurants and honey). Personally I prefer updated words of Plant Food Based diet (as in movie ‘Forks Over Knives’ and book ‘The China Study’) They gives way to honey being no problem. Also we have vegans that will not entertain any animal product in clothing, furniture, car seats, etc., etc. So we are at a cross roads that only Kristin might word clear us on. In Peace.~Arnie
Hi Arnie… Thanks for the info. I didn’t know that Carlos ever served tuna there. I thought the only tuna he served was mock “tuna.” I’ll have to check on that when I get back to Miami. As for honey, I never saw that there either. His restaurant is connected to the little health food store, The Bee Hive. I think that’s where the name came from, and I’m not sure it implies the use of honey. I’m vegan and don’t use honey or wear leather, etc, and I understand the confusion with some people. At any rate, real tuna is certainly meat, or as the Vegan Freaks used to say, “Not Vegan.” If Carlos serves tuna, I would certainly not recommend the restaurant to Kristin. I’ll have to shoot him an email to ask. Best wishes to you and Kristin… Rick
@Rick, Thanks for comm line Rick. Have known Bob Pena and the Bee Hive since 1981! Restaurant in rear has changed hands once or twice since then. Yes, do please check on Tuna as I might have a mis-understood and kindly advise,
Hey Kristin, it is so awesome that you’re doing this! I’ve often dreamt of doing something similar. Since your coming towards the Tampa Bay area you should definitely check out Grass Root, here’s they’re website: http://www.sabrinaaird.com/.
This is another great place, http://www.viitals.com/ they are a gluten free hypoallergenic bakery not totally vegan though they use some dairy products but most of they’re baked goods are vegan and all of there sandwiches and salads can be made vegan. They’re gf bread is awesome! I also know all the pizza spots for getting your Daiya fix in the Bay Area or about any other “vegan friendly” spots for that matter. I live in Tarpon Springs a town in the north of Pinellas County about ten minutes from Rawk Star in Palm Harbor (one of the spots on your list) so if you would like to meet up and leaflet let me know! Good Luck on your adventure, let me know if I can help in any way when you’re near to the Bay Area.
Oh, I forgot to mention there is a Loving Hut in Tampa as well.
I’m in Miami and also recommend joining the It’s Veganlicious fb page. Another restaurant I don’t see in your list is Mi Vida Cafe at 7244 Biscayne Blvd in Miami – http://www.mividacafe.net . It is all vegan with great raw specials and desserts. Also the Mac ‘n Food truck – all vegan – is Miami-based and at events all around the area. I see someone mentioned Choices Cafe but last I heard it was more for pot lucks and events than a regular restaurant. Miami has become much more vegan-friendly in the last few years… would love to meet you while you’re in the area. what a great adventure this must be for you!
The Vegan Beagle is another traveling hotdog cart. Not worth seeking out IMO. Not to be mean, but if I wanted a bun from Walmart and a Smartdog I would just go to the store.
Also, Garden Cafe in Orlando is really good. There is only one non-vegan item on their extensive menu (egg-drop soup).
Vegan 2 Go Gainesville, Fl
You should check out happycow again. I was just searching for Ft. Lauderdale and there’s at least 5 all vegan places in the area (although not all right on the main arteries) Plus I just found Bunnies Bakery in Miami which looks super awesome! :)
Green food Market in Palm bay is AMAZING!!! Great place to travel and get ingredients! https://greenfoodsmkt.com/
Screaming Carrots in Hallandale <3
Market on South (Dixie Dharma and Valhalla Bakery), 2603 E South St, Orlando, FL 32803
The Sanctum, 715 N Fern Creek Ave d, Orlando, FL 32803
Dandelion Communitea Cafe, 618 N Thornton Ave, Orlando, FL 32803
Artichoke Red, Orlando – closed November 2016
Raphsodic Cooperative Company, Orlando – closed October 2015
Sah Nevaeh, Orlando – closed
Cafe 118, Winter Park – closed April 2015